and beauty of the human heart.
~ Cynthia Hand
- The heart begins to beat four weeks after conception.
- The heart of an average man beats approximately 70 times per minute whereas the average woman’s heart beats at 78 beats per minute.
- The heart beats around 100,000 times in a single day, sending approximately 2,000 gallons of blood to different parts of the body, and pumping roughly 1 million barrels of blood during an average lifetime—enough to fill more than 3 super tankers.
- The blood vessels in our bodies are 60,000 miles long.
- The heart pumps blood to almost all of the body’s 75 trillion cells. Only the corneas receive no blood supply.
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a condition in which the force of the blood against the artery walls is too high. Blood pressure is determined both by the amount of blood the heart pumps and the amount of resistance to blood-flow in the arteries. The more blood the heart pumps and the narrower the arteries, the higher the blood pressure readings. Usually hypertension is defined as blood pressure above 140/90, and is considered severe if the pressure is above 180/120. High blood pressure often has no symptoms, even if blood pressure readings reach dangerously high levels.
Arrhythmia is improper beating of the heart, whether irregular, too fast, or too slow. Arrhythmias are primarily the result of a disturbance in the electrical system within the heart that stimulates the heart to beat. Some of the symptoms can be barely perceptible, whereas others may be more dramatic such as palpitations, light-headedness, and fainting.
Bio-Touch has been shown to ease the symptoms associated with heart conditions. While not a substitute for standard medical care, Bio-Touch is the perfect touch-healing therapy that complements mainstream medical protocols. And best of all, everyone can learn to use Bio-Touch.